Privacy for our smartphones is key to having greater security when using them. In fact, services like WhatsApp offer us various options such as hiding the last connection time, so that our contacts cannot recognize when we connect to chat, among many other similar tools.
But if you want to see the status of one of your contacts without that person, if you can see or not know, you will be able to do it in a very and simple way. In fact, there are two ways to run it on your mobile, and this is what we will show you below so that you can know all the ins and outs of this application.
File Explorer is our best mobile companion
Without a doubt, this first method that we are going to show you is the most ninja of all, since we are going to use the file explorer for every application on our phone. If you’re using a Xiaomi mobile, it’s easy to access it when it’s installed from the factory, but in the event that it’s not, you can always choose to install an app called EX TABLET Manager.
Of course, it should be noted that this trick only works on Android phones, so in the event that you use a device with an iOS operating system, you will not have the possibility of access, since you have another option that we are going to say below.
When we install the file explorer app, we will only have to do the following:
- Access the phone’s internal memory section and enter the “Whatsapp” folder
- Once inside, you will see the sidebar of the application and you will see the hidden files, since it will be essential what we are waiting for to appear.
- When you do that, you’ll see a folder called “.Status” appear, enter it
- As you can see, inside this folder you will have all the images shared by your friends in WhatsApp states, and just touch the one you want to see and your visit will not be recorded for the one who published it.
Disable read receipts
If this last mechanism seems complicated to you, you can rest easy, since the other is much simpler and equally effective. Moreover, you can also use it if you use iPhone in your life today, since it is fully compatible with both operating systems.
This trick consists of deactivating the reading receipt from the WhatsApp app settings, although you should be careful. We are telling you this because you will have to wait 24 hours for this status to last because if we activate it again before that time, the person who published the photo will be able to know that he saw you.
That said, we show you how to deactivate this option in a very simple way, since we will only do the following;
- Once you have the WhatsApp app open, enter its settings
- Now, simply go to the “Privacy” section and mark the “Read Receipts” option
Via | Xataka Mobile
In Xiaomi World | With this technique you can clean WhatsApp completely without entering the application