Security and privacy, two areas where WhatsApp Messenger stands out worldwide, so is it possible that someone can hack into your account without your knowledge? Unfortunately yes, but due to an oversight on your part, because anyone manipulating your phone can open the application and link your account to WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp for Windows or MacOS, this is if you have not -fingerprint unlock is active.
As you remember, the “Multi-device” mode is a tool that allows you to link your account simultaneously to up to four different devices, such as: cell phones, browsers, computers, laptops and tablet, which all work independently of the mobile device, which means that If your smartphone does not have internet or is turned off, you will still continue to chat normally in other versions.
If someone manipulates your unlocked phone without your permission, they can link your account to another device and check your personal conversations, group conversations, communities, view the call log, privacy settings, etc., so on this occasion, from Depor we will say. how you boot any intruder who has access to your account information.
The steps to remove any intruder in your WhatsApp account
- First, check that WhatsApp has no pending updates.
- Open the application > press the icon with three vertical dots located in the upper right corner.
- Several options will be displayed, click on the one that says “Linked devices”.
- Go to the “Device Status” section and below you will see all the devices where your WhatsApp account is open.
- The app will detail the type of browser in the case of WhatsApp Web and the operating system if it is WhatsApp for Windows or MacOS.
- You can also see the status of your account, if you are using it in real time, “Active session” will appear, otherwise you will see the date and time of the last connection.
- To remove intruders, simply tap on any device you don’t recognize and click “Sign out.”
What functions you can’t do on WhatsApp Web
In WhatsApp Web, although it offers many of the main functions of the mobile application, there are some limitations and actions that you cannot do:
- Upload statuses directly from PC.
- Share your location with your contacts.
- Check mobile data usage.
- Add a new contact.
- Add filters to the photos you upload in statuses.
- Create a new group.
It is important to note that WhatsApp Web is primarily designed as an extension of the mobile version and offers a convenient way to access and respond to your messages from a computer, so some of the more advanced features remain exclusive to the mobile app.