Edit already sent WhatsApp message
It should be noted that this function can be implemented on both Android and iOS devices without the need to download external applications for the messaging service.
With this in mind, a series of steps should be followed:
- Press and hold the sent message for a few seconds.
- Click on the three dots on the right in the upper area.
- Click on the stubborn “Edit” option.
- Retype the message.
- Hit send.
It must be remembered that when one wants to do the said procedure there will be a window of time to do it. “You have up to fifteen minutes,” the company reported.
The said tool has already started rolling out around the world and will be available to all users “in the coming weeks”.
What to do if you don’t get WhatsApp notifications
- Check Internet connection: Make sure that your mobile device has an active Internet connection. Check whether Wi-Fi is enabled and working properly, and whether your SIM card’s mobile data is activated. Also, check if Airplane mode is turned off.
- Check your background data settings. On both Android and iOS devices, there is an option to turn off background data. Make sure this option is enabled for WhatsApp in the app settings.
- Check WhatsApp status: WhatsApp may be experiencing a nationwide or global outage. You can check the status of the app on the WhatsApp profile on DownDetector, a platform that monitors reports of app crashes. If there is a blockage, please wait for a few minutes or hours until it is resolved.
- Check your notification settings: You might have disabled WhatsApp notifications by mistake. Check your notification settings in your device settings (both Android and iOS) and make sure WhatsApp notifications are enabled.
- Check if the chat is muted or archived: If you’re only having problems with a specific chat, check if you’ve muted or archived it. Jump into a conversation on WhatsApp and check the chat settings to make sure it’s not muted or archived.
- Check your device’s mute status: Make sure that your mobile device is not in mute mode. Adjust the device’s volume and check that the physical mute button is activated (iPhone devices only). Also, check the “Do Not Disturb” settings on your device and add WhatsApp as an exception if necessary.
Remember that by fixing any configuration or connection issues, you should be able to receive WhatsApp notifications again and enjoy a smooth messaging experience.
If you are still facing difficulties, you can seek further assistance on the official WhatsApp support page or on the community help forum.