WhatsApp has released the 22.214.171.124 update through its beta program. The messaging service is working on a new feature called “Channels” and we now know its main features.
In WhatsApp Beta for Android 126.96.36.199, we learned developers are working on tabs Update And this channelless, Las Update This will be the new home for both status updates and a channel where you can stay up to date on the topics that matter most to you.
According to WABetaInfo Channels provide more privacy to the users as the phone numbers are never visible to the followers and the creator of the channel. The feature is still in development, but thanks to the latest updates WhatsApp Beta for Android 188.8.131.52We learned more about the channels.
Features of WhatsApp Channels
Functions available for K channels WhatsApp are the following:
- interface: Channels will adopt the full-width messaging interface in the conversation. The same update is now available for Community Ad Groups after installing WhatsApp for iOS 184.108.40.206 beta from the TestFlight app.
- verification status: Channels can be checked and are marked with a green checkmark icon. However, the process for requesting verification remains unclear. We will have to wait for the official WhatsApp FAQ to know more about the verification process.
- number of followers: The number of followers is indicated just below the channel name. This number can be an approximation, especially for channels with a large number of followers.
- mute notification button: WhatsApp aims to improve user control over notifications of messages received from channels. To accomplish this, a mute shortcut will be accessible within the channel header.
- identifier: Channel media identifiers display channel information.
- Actual follower count: The exact number of people following the channel can be found on the channel information screen. This count provides a true representation of a channel’s followers, as opposed to the approximations mentioned above.
- Shortcut: WhatsApp is looking to introduce three new shortcuts to improve the user experience while browsing the channel information screen. These shortcuts allow for easy actions such as unfollowing, forwarding and sharing a channel with others.
- Channel Description: The channel description will be displayed within the channel information screen and allows channel creators to provide additional information and context to followers, including the channel’s purpose.
- Silence notification toggle: An additional toggle is provided to easily mute the channel.
- Visibility Status: A channel can be set to public, so anyone can search it and view shared content.
- Privacy: Channels provide a secure and private space where your information is kept private and protected.
- Report: If you encounter any issues with a channel you follow, you have the option of reporting the channel to the moderation team. If a channel violates the Terms of Service, it will be suspended and users will no longer be able to follow it. Additionally, previous messages sent to the channel will be removed as part of compliance measures.