Most users are familiar with the “displayed messages” of WhatsApp Messenger, because many use it to save new stickers or stickers, however, this is not its only function, there is another similar tool which are called “preserved messages”. Want to know how they differ? from Let’s explain it below.
The two options that we have just mentioned are native to WhatsApp and are already in the stable (official) version, therefore, you do not need to download the beta program if you want to use them.
Before starting to discuss their differences, we will tell you how to access highlighted and preserved messages: first, enter any chat >press for a few seconds on a text or file > press the star icon located at the bottom. ; for the second one, activate temporary messages > then press text or file > press the flag icon (top right).
These are the differences between displayed and preserved WhatsApp messages
- Featured messages are identified with a star icon.
- It is used to save stickers and favorite messages, so you can easily access them and not look for them in the conversation.
- You can find your featured messages in the chat settings.
- Preserved messages are identified with a flag icon.
- They are only activated after you enable temporary messages, the feature that automatically deletes all conversation content after 24, 7 or 90 days.
- As their name indicates, they serve to preserve or save a text or file, so that it is not deleted by “temporary messages.”
- You can access the content maintained in the chat settings.
Reasons to enable temporary messages on WhatsApp
- Storage: if a contact or group usually sends you a “meme” of images or videos, here you need to activate temporary messages, because it prevents the viewed files from continuing to store the internal memory of your smartphone.
- Privacy: Are they checking your cell phone? With this tool you will not leave any message or chat evidence, it will be completely empty after the time period you configure.
- Save unnecessary photos or videos: Sure sometimes they share repeated screenshots, photos or videos, it just consumes your phone’s storage, so get rid of them as soon as possible.
- Independent: available for individual, group or all chats.