One of the title defenses arrives today, September 16, 2023 most expected for this month of September. Former world champion Valentina Shevchenko meets Alexa Grasso. with the intention of regaining the belt he lost last March.
Alexa Grasso, new champion
The current flyweight champion, returns to the octagon in what will be his first title defense. Last March the Mexican won against Valentina Shevchenko in the 4th round by submission. This way, Alexa Grasso ended Shevchenko’s five-year rule. With this, the Aztecs joined the small group that managed to defeat the Kyrgyz.
Valentina Shevchenko will try to regain the championship title
Currently only Alexa Grasso and Amanda Nunes managed to defeat the powerful “bullet” Shevchenko. Thanks to her, the Kyrgyzstan won the belt in 2018 Victoria vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk That’s why tonight he will try to win back the long-awaited title and thereby add his 24th victory to his record.
The specialist for Muay Thai and kickboxing She is a very complete fighter who has won eight fights by knockout and has an accuracy of Takedown of 64%.
UFC: September 16, 2023 card: main card
- Alexa Grasso vs. Valentina Shevchenko, female flyweight
- Kevin Holland vs. Jack Della Maddalena, welterweight
- Raul Rosas Jr. vs. Terrence Mitchell, Weight Cock
- Daniel Zellhuber vs. Christos Giago, lightweight
- Fernando Padilla vs. Kyle Nelson, featherweight
- Lupita Godínez vs. Elise Reed, women’s strawweight
- Roman Kopylov vs. Josh Fremd, middleweight
- Edgar Cháirez vs. Daniel Lacerda, flyweight
- Tracy Cortez vs. Jasmine Jasudavicius, women’s flyweight
- Josefine Lindgren Knutsson vs. Marnic Mann, peso cake
Where to watch Alexa Grasso vs Shevchenko 2: What time is the UFC fight today?
Alexa Grasso vs. Valentina Shevchenko, September 16, 2023, 10:00 p.m. local time Central Mexico, broadcast on Fox Sports Premium and UFC Fight Pass