A credit card is a financial product that when used well can be a great ally, although, in practice, it is used as an extension of cash, but it is not all bad, as it provides such benefits. does that can get you out of trouble. , Do you know, Which insurance is included in the credit card?
According to Condusef, this financial instrument is used by at least 25.6 million people and has various insurances that provide benefits that are included in the annuity paid for the use of the card.
You may also like: What are the costliest credit cards with annuity?
What are the insurances in credit card?
According to Condusef, these are some of the insurances that credit cards can have:
- Death Insurance: Covers the debit balance of the account if the owner dies.
- Travel Accident Insurance: Covers the cardholder, spouse and children under the age of 23 up to $500,000 in case of accidental death or loss of limbs while paying for public transport tickets authorized with the card.
- Card Theft or Loss Insurance: Protects against any misuse of the card from the moment it is reported stolen or lost.
- Protected Purchase Insurance: Coverage for theft of durable goods obtained from credit cards.
- baggage loss or delay insurance: Cover in case of delay or loss of baggage, as long as the tickets were paid for by credit card and after 72 hours of reporting and making the claim on the public transport line.
- Protection from robbery and ATM attack: coverage for replacement of lost funds in case of robbery and robbery during or immediately after using an ATM; It will also provide benefits if life is lost during the incident.
- Protection against card theft, loss and cloning: Coverage against unknown charges due to credit card theft, loss or cloning.
- Rental Car Insurance: Covers damages caused by collision or theft while renting a car in the United States and Canada; It does not cover personal civil liability or injuries caused to a person. For the insurance to be valid, the car rental must be paid for by credit card.
- Emergency Medical Insurance for traveling abroad: Covers the holder, spouse and children under 23 years of age who are economic dependents, up to the selected level of per capita coverage, for medical expenses arising in case of travel injury or emergency illness.
You may also like: They Detail New Bank Fraud With Employee Credentials at Citibanamex: They Have Your Address Too
To provide users with more information, Condusef has a “Credit Card Calculator”, which contains information on 151 plastics, so you can compare their benefits; According to the institution, “There is a correlation between the cost of a credit card and the insurance it offers, so if you analyze its features, you will be able to make the most out of it.”
Other topics of interest: