Countdown eurovision 2023 final gala already started. white dove will represent spain with him go Go Same Saturday 13 May in Liverpool, The Andalusians will have to bring out all their guns to get the public vote, as the jury voted last Friday, May 12, and thus face the rest of the countries that previously managed to qualify in the semi-finals .
Hours before the start of the Eurovision Song Contest, the 26 classified countries are finalizing the details of their performances and with whom they want to receive the long-awaited crystal microphone.
But it is possible that at this point you have doubts about the conduct of this music competition. For this, we have prepared a guide on the Eurovision Song Contest that solves the most frequent doubts about the voting or the list of participants, because there are many who give reasons why countries like Australia and Israel can submit their candidatures,
Why are Australia and Israel participating in Eurovision?
Australia is one of the countries that not only participated in the European Song Festival, but also took second place. it was in 2016in Stockholm, and their representative was the singer Dummy Inn.
But Australia hasn’t always been another participant in the competition, One has only to see its name: European Song Festival. Although not only member states participate in it, as is the case with this region of Oceania.
it was in 2014 When Eurovision hosts Denmark that year proposed to invite Australia to act as a token. but jessica mauboy and her song sea of flags They were so successful that the following year he already participated as another member.
According to the rules of the Eurovision Song Contest, any country can participate in it. does not answer geographical questions But because it is an active member of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), it filters out non-European countries, in the case of Morocco, Israel, Azerbaijan or Jordan, to name a few.
However, this rule also states that countries that are not part of the EBU are allowed to participate in the competition, unless they receive a special invitation, as is the case with Australia. So these would be the reasons why some countries that are outside the European continent participate in the Eurovision Song Contest.
In fact, Israel first appeared in 1978, the year it won its first victory mythological song a-don’t-follow me, After their successful debut, Israel returned to repeat for the second year in a row and surprisingly came back to take first place.
This triumphant euphoria did not last long as at the end in 1998, under Dana’s leadership, Israel again won the Eurovision Song Contest. the artist conquered the whole world with his popular songs Diva, We had to wait until 2018 for the next win with a surprise performance from Noah Kirel singing toys,
Other curiosities of Eurovision 2023
Australia’s participation in the Eurovision Song Contest isn’t the only curiosity of the most anticipated contest of the year. Here are some facts you might not know:
- Australian artists have participated in Eurovision in previous years, but have represented another country, as was the case with Olivia Newton-John ,Grease), who accompanied them on behalf of the United Kingdom Long live love Ya Gina, in 1996.
- you are australian First country to compete remotely, in times of pandemic European Song Festival. A gesture that saw him occupy one of the last positions in the competition.
- Two topics are banned in the songs performed at Eurovision: the Policy And this gender, Any letter that appears or participates in the festivities cannot be focused on these areas.
- first eurovision winner it was lis asia and she Stop, He took first place on May 24, 1956, and represented the host nation of the event; Swiss.
- He Spain’s turn at Eurovision came in 1961, With the hand of Conchita Bautista and her legendary Being With You, our country entered the contest for the first time. More curiosities: The composer was Augusto Alguero and he could not attend the contest that day because he was married to Carmen Sevilla, the owner of the dress Bautista wore to Eurovision.
- The minimum age to participate is 16, but there was one artist who knew how to cross that threshold. Was Sandra Kim representative of Belgium in 1986, and introduced himself at the age of 13, only he falsified his age in order to be able to introduce himself. The play didn’t go wrong, as she emerged victorious.
- Used to be removals in Eurovision history: one in 2009, when he pushed Georgia not to change its song lyrics and attacked Putin, and another in 2022, when he expelled Russia for its invasion of Ukraine.
- America and Asia are out Eurovision had always been there, but given their success in Europe, they wanted to try to create their own competition with the American Song Contest and the Eurovision Asia Song Contest, respectively.