Overview and other notes of interest for the Boston Celtics from Monday night’s 102-82 NBA playoff loss:
– Because this is what the Heat have largely been for most of the season.
– When good, very good.
– When not, not much.
– There were also uneven moments in going 4-1 against the Hawks in the first round.
– There were more of those moments in closing the 76ers 4-2 in the second round.
— and now, arguably their first ever rival of championship-level talent again, it has become even more uneven now at 2-2.
– Sometimes, very good.
Sometimes, moments like Monday, when you think about age, injury and lack of pure scoring.
— and it was more than just Tyler Harrow being out.
– Because from Hero till now nothing seemed to be able to salvage it.
Jimmy Butler has been scoring goals for weeks.
– And the butler has been assaulted and beaten up.
We have seen the dominance of Bam Adebayo.
– and dormancy from Adebayo.
– PJ Tucker as a revitalizing force.
— and Tucker as every bit of his 37 years.
– Max Strauss Shooting Star.
— and Strauss as a struggling support player.
– Then Kyle Lowry, the little engine that could.
– Or the injured Lori who can’t.
– A bench that can boost.
– And a bench that can crumble.
– The flaws can be hidden during the regular season.
– Because there are too many bad teams.
During the initial round, the opponents had their own issues.
– But now it has become very real.
– Arguably, the Heat’s 2021–22 season will now be defined as a best-of-three against the Celtics.
— and that’s it, even with Monday’s mess, the Heat are two wins from the NBA Finals.
– Just need to win his two remaining home matches in the series.
– have the opportunity.
– Of course, it could have been Monday, a chance to seize a moment when the Celtics were without Marcus Smart.
– Missed the opportunity.
– Go back to Boston for Friday’s Game 6, regardless of the result in Wednesday’s Game 5 at the FTX Arena.
– What matters most to summer. , , begins now.
– When it was announced during the morning shoot to deal with the heat that Herro would be out with a groin strain, the biggest thunderbolt came 90 minutes before the tip, when the Celtics announced that Smart was out due to an ankle sprain .
Celtics coach Ime Udoka had spoken of a lot of swelling for Smart, who remained on the list of suspects throughout the day.
– Derrick White started in place of Smart, as he did in Game 1 of the Celtics at the FTX Arena.
– Robert Williams III (who was also suspected due to knee pain that kept him out of Game 3), Al Horford, Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown rounded out the Celtics’ starting lineup.
– The Celtics went 5-8 this season in Smart’s absence, including 1-1 in the playoffs.
– The Heat started with Adabio, Tucker, Strauss, Butler and Lowry.
– Gabe Vincent, Dwayne Deadmon and Victor Oladipo entered the first basket of the heats before entering.
– Duncan Robinson and then Caleb Martin entered, with Heat coach Eric Spoelstra having no problem going 10 depths even without a hero.
– Beginning with, Tucker placed Derek Harper, Paul Milsap, and Richardson Jefferson in the 100th place on the NBA’s all-time playoff list.
– Beginning with, Lowry replaced Terry Porter at number 79 on the NBA’s all-time playoff list.
– With the start, Butler tied Tim Hardaway in eighth place on the Heat all-time playoff list.
– And then the game started.
– And then it was over.