Cold Front 25 approaches Mexico this Wednesday, January 18, with the third winter storm of the season bringing with it the possibility of snow in the north of the countryAccording to the National Water Commission (Conagua).
In the National Meteorological Service’s (SNM) report for this Wednesday, Conagua indicates that winter storms that hit Mexico tend to produce snow or sleet falls, a phenomenon that is not very common in the various states. country together Rain, strong wind gusts and dust storm,
these weather conditions last until the weekendAnd the hours in which the lowest temperatures are expected are early morning.
Which states could get snow this week?
Conagua explains that the entities most likely to come into contact with falling snow or sleet are:
- Sonora: Wednesday, 18 January.
- chihuahua: Wednesday, 18 January.
- Baja California: from Thursday 19 to Sunday 22 January.
Snowfall will be mainly in the hilly areas. Three states, along with Durango, expect morning frost Temperature -10 to -5 degree Celsius between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m.,
In addition to Cold Front 25, a high pressure system will approach the Gulf of Mexico, causing Wind gusts up to 70 kmph In the isthmus of Tehuantepec, Tamaulipas, Veracruz and Tabasco.
Rainfall will affect the Yucatan Peninsula, affecting Quintana Roo, Chiapas and Oaxaca, due to the entry of moisture from the Pacific Ocean and Caribbean Sea.
Risks of Winter Storms:
Unlike alerts that are issued for rain or environmental contingencies due to poor air quality, warnings for winter storms are issued 12 to 24 hours in advance, the aim being that People take precautions to avoid harm to their health or accidents,
Winter storms take lives due to their intensity, as well as cause serious health damage in some cases:
- Hypothermia (drop in body temperature).
- Deformation of certain body tissues, such as the skin, fingers, and hands and feet, due to the cold.
- Both hypothermia and freezing of body tissues can cause death.
How to stop a winter storm?
- If possible, avoid going out on the road. If you find yourself trapped in your car, stayed in,
- limit your time outside, If you must go out, wear several layers of warm clothing.
- Be alert for signs of frostbite and hypothermia.
- Reduces the risk of heart attack by removing snow and avoiding excessive exertion when walking on snow.
Will Cold Front 25 Affect the Valley of Mexico?
Temperatures of -10 to -5 degrees are expected in the higher regions of the State of Mexico and the country’s capital. it will be cold in the morning And in the afternoon the sky is expected to be cloudy, although there will be no rain. According to the National Weather Service, the south and southeast of the region will be most affected.
It is expected that the cold front 25 will leave the country over the weekend, and it will enter on Sunday, January 22. mass of cold air corresponding to the cold front 26,